Primary & Secondary Schools
Home > Education > Primary & Secondary Schools
Poultry Hub supports teachers and students at primary and secondary schools by providing information on education opportunities, as well as resources to assist in learning.
The Teacher’s Resource Kit is free for Australian schools and includes poultry-related educational resources developed by the Poultry CRC, the Australian Chicken Meat Federation, theAustralian Egg Corporation Limited and the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC) Chicken Meat Program.
Complete the Teacher’s Resource Kit Order Form
to receive a kit. Only Australian schools are eligible.
Applicants MUST provide a school postal address and school email address.
(One kit only per school).
Call the Poultry CRC on (02) 6773 3051 or email email@example.com for more information.
The Teachers Resource Kit contains books, CDs, DVDs, worksheets, presentations and Posters. Many of these items have been digitised to reduce cost. Some are available online at Poultry Hub. By subscribing to eChook you can stay updated on the Kit’s latest inclusions.
- The Story of Chicken - takes children onto Australian meat chicken farms where they will discover how meat chickens are raised, chicken meat is processed and packaged, and how a wide range of chicken products are made available for them to enjoy every day.
- The Story of Eggs - takes you onto Australian egg farms where you can discover how eggs are produced, processed and packaged. Includes the Egg Resource Kit featuring ready-to-use lesson notes, activity pages and resource sheets written by teachers using practical information from teachers, industry groups and education consultants across Australia.
- Poultry Agskills - a basic guide to some of the skills and practices of poultry production, including step-by-step instructions, diagrams and full-colour pictures.
- Keeping Chickens – An Australian Guide is a comprehensive guide to keeping chickens in the backyard. The book provides information on choosing which breed is best for you, information on how to construct or purchase poultry housing, how to care for your chickens and a section on how to successfully breed chickens.
- It all starts with an Egg (primary and secondary school versions) – Join the egg family on their journey from the farm to the dinner table. Learn all about where Australian eggs come from – meet the hens, their farmers, the little baby chicks and even the guard dog! Features free range, cage and barn systems.
- From Hatchery to Home (primary and secondary school versions) – Australian schools now have access to an up-to-date resource offering a real insight into the chicken meat industry, supported with a full range of classroom support material at chicken.org.au.
Further opportunities are available for students to study poultry by entering the WPSA Poultry in Schools competition.
This unique presentation shows the fundamental structure and anatomy of the chicken
Now released in the App Store. Developed by the Poultry CRC. Have fun while learning about what makes a good egg.
Download for free in Australia
These lists contain organisations and individuals associated with the Australian poultry industry