Poultry Related Websites
Home > ... > ... > Online Resources > Poultry Related Websites
- ABARE-BRS - The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics – Bureau of Rural Sciences website offers information about Australian poultry production and consumption.
- AllAboutFeed.net is a Dutch-based site covering the global feed industry. It includes discussion forums and blogs.
- AnimalAgNet.com is a social network for animal agribusiness worldwide, featuring blogs and forum focussed on poultry production.
Animal Health and Production Compendium (AHPC)
- The Animal Health and Production Compendium (AHPC) is a time-saving encyclopaedic, interactive database that draws together scientific information on all aspects of animal health and production. It includes information on diseases, breeds, nutrition, husbandry and treatment of livestock and poultry.
Answers.com – Poultry
- Answers.com: Poultry - provides a brief overview of poultry products with specific reference ranging from: food culture to nutrition.
Australian Agriculture and Natural Resources Online (AANRO)
- AANRO is an integrated knowledge discovery tool for agriculture and natural resources.
Australian Chicken Meat Federation
- Australian Chicken Meat Federation (ACMF) - poultry recipes, Nutritional Database, chicken and the environment, history of the chicken meat industry in Australia, industry facts and figures, photo gallery.
Australian Egg Corporation Limited
Australian Poultry Forum
Australian Researchers’ Mobility Portal
- Health Services Australia Group’s AvianInfluenza.com.au site on avian influenza includes FAQs, fact sheets and travel tips.
Avian Influenza Info
- Backyard Poultry is a site dedicated to promoting and preserving backyard poultry keeping throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Chicken Keeping Secrets
Chicken Keeping Secrets offers a free chicken keeping newsletter which will teach you the fine art of raising & keeping healthy, productive, egg laying chickens in your own backyard or on the farm.
- Eggs.org.au is a website maintained by AECL offering the latest recipes and nutritional information for egg consumers.
Eggs as easy as
Egg Nutrition Advisory Group (ENAG)
- ENAG provides detailed information about eggs, nutrition and food safety (including Avian Influenza) for healthcare professionals.
- Farming Ahead is a website maintained by Kondinin Group designed to provide unique, exceptional and independent agricultural information and services.
- Farmissues.com is a Canadian website featuring virtual tours of a broiler farm, an egg farm and a turkey farm as well as ostrich, emu and rhea farms.
- Farmstyle Australia is a FREE online community for small and hobby farmers to learn everything about farming. They have a section dedicated to poultry and have books available for purchase.
- Feathered Families is an online resource developed by the International Poultry Breeders Association, which was established to give poultry breeders of all breeds of feathered fowl a way of organising and maintaining a record of ancestral breeding.
FeatherSite- The Poultry Page
- FeatherSite – The Poultry Page is an on-line zoological garden of domestic poultry, including photos, video and information about various breeds of fowl, such as chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, peafowl, pigeons, and turkeys. Various wildfowl are also included.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand
GEISHA (Gallus Expression In Situ Hybridization Analysis)
- GEISHA is the online repository of in situ hybridization and corresponding metadata for genes expressed in the chicken embryo during the first six days of development. It is a public resource funded by the National Institutes of Health, USA.
- Incredible Egg is an American Egg Board initiative which focuses on the promotion of healthy eating and community benefit programs.
- Just Answer - Ask a Bird Veterinary Question, Get an Answer.
- Livestock Library is a database of journal articles, conference proceedings and extension information – delivered on the Internet for all sectors of livestock production industries and the general public.
Merck Veterinary Manual
National Training Information Service (NTIS)
- NTIS has been developed to provide access to training information and products. The NTIS website provides a search and browse function that allows you to find specific Training Packages, qualifications, courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
- Planet Poultry offers advice on backyard poultry keeping, including breeding and showing poultry. Includes a poultry store and forum.
- Poultry Digest (est. 1985) is a source of information to the layer (egg) and broiler chicken meat industries in Australia and New Zealand. The magazine (including online subscription version) covers new technologies plus scientific and equipment advances that contribute to increasing productivity while managing costs.
Poultry & Egg News
- PoultryOne helps small-scale farmers and backyard hobbyists discover the joys of raising poultry.
- PubMed is the US National Library of Medicine’s database of over 17 million citations from journals back to the 1950s (includes links to full text articles and other related resources).
Rare Breeds Trust of Australia: Poultry Breeds
The Australian Farming Virtual Library – Poultry
The Poultry Connection
The Poultry Keeper
- The Poultry Keeper is an independent UK-based site for keepers of poultry and includes discussion forums.
- The Poultry Site is a UK-based global hub for information on Poultry and includes discussion forums.
- Thinkegg.com is an interactive website developed by the International Egg Commission. Available in over 10 languages the aim is to provide a platform for recipe ideas, egg facts & industry related news.
- training.com.au provides a single point of access to the vast range of vocational education and training information, products and services in Australia.
- Virtual Chicken is a 3-D animation of the reproductive system of a hen, showing the formation of an egg as it passes through the oviduct. Viewers will see and explore the oviduct and follow the path of the egg.
Watt Poultry Online
- Watt Poultry Online - US-based sites linking business audiences with extensive information resources, including email newsletters, market data and several print publications.
- Wikipedia is a comprehensive online based encyclopaedia which offers a wide-range of content dealing with poultry.
World Health Organisation (WHO): avian influenza
- WHO has a site including links to news, reports and events related to avian influenza.
- WorldPoultry.net is a Dutch-based site covering the global poultry industry. It includes discussion forums, blogs and a newsletter.
- WorldPoultry.net Weblog is maintained by poultry professionals dealing with current up to date Poultry industry, health, welfare and research issues.
This unique presentation shows the fundamental structure and anatomy of the chicken
Now released in the App Store. Developed by the Poultry CRC. Have fun while learning about what makes a good egg.
Download for free in Australia
These lists contain organisations and individuals associated with the Australian poultry industry