Job no: 602911
Work type: Full time
Location: Hawthorn East, VIC
Categories: Store Support Centre Recruitment, Merchandise
• Opportunity to assist in the advancement of the Australian Poultry industry
• Broad stakeholder group – great for career progression
• Create real change in Australian retail through our market share and presence
As a Product Technologist in our Poultry team, you will drive quality whilst supporting product innovation. Working with a diverse supplier base, you will develop, implement and sustain world-class supplier quality management programs.
We’re looking for someone to really challenge the status quo in the industry. You’ll need to be bold, back yourself, make things simple and drive our fresh food agenda. You’ll be surrounded by talented and driven colleagues who will support and push your ideas towards greatness and help drive your ability and achievements to their absolute best.
• Ensure opportunities are identified and incorporated into category development plans
• Supplier management through key KPIs
• Drive customer satisfaction and reinforcing the Coles Brand promise
• Collaborate with our suppliers and national Category Management teams to drive innovative quality and availability programs
• Ensure that company legal, safety and quality standards are met.
• Deliver the technical plan with emphasis on innovation, Cost Of Goods savings, quality, customer complaints, brand standards & supplier performance
• Manage NPD process from supplier brief to pack on the shelf
• Support the development of suppliers, in training Coles technical requirements
• Tertiary qualification in food science or related discipline
• Experience in a technical/quality assurance role within Poultry or White Meat – processing or retail
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in food product development, manufacturing processes and supplier management Knowledge of safety and quality management systems
• Experience in developing and implementing product improvement processes
• Knowledge of manufacturing systems and standards
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best. As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers. At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia’s diverse population.
As well as financial rewards and development opportunities, you’ll also enjoy great benefits including:
• A 5% discount across Coles, Kmart, Officeworks and Target
• Ongoing training and career development
• Paid parental leave
Coles Supermarkets is part of Coles Group, a household name and one of Australia’s leading retail businesses. We operate more than 2,200 outlets across iconic brands such as Coles, First Choice Liquor, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and Coles Express.
As a major retailer, we’re also proud of the contribution we make to the communities we serve. Over $1 billion has been invested to make sure our customers enjoy premium quality products delivered with exceptional service.
If you have the drive to achieve your best every day, then our Merchandise team is waiting to transform your talents.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
Click “here“ to be re-directed to the Coles’ site to complete and submit an application form and upload your current resume.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia’s diverse population.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time