- Agricultural Research & Development
- Flexible Location Brisbane/Sydney
- Flexible hours – part time – 0.5 FTE
Rural Industry Research & Development Corporation (RIRDC) is a statutory corporation established by the Australian Government to work with industries to invest in research, development and extension for a more profitable, sustainable and dynamic rural sector. RIRDC‘s broad range of programs include emerging opportunities and issues, aiming to achieve value for rural industries and Australia.
The Chicken Meat Program is a significant part of the RIRDC research portfolio. With a recent increase in its capacity, they are looking for an Extension Officer to support the development of this program. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Extension Officer will have responsibility for the development of the framework for extension and conversion of R&D to practical solutions to encourage maximum adoption. Critical to the role is an appreciation of how to deliver R&D specific to industry needs, ability to identify potential problems and find creative solutions.
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong skills in the use of communication and extension pathways to support the delivery of RDE outcomes to end users
- Knowledge of commercial Australian agricultural systems, particularly poultry, and empathy with the rural environment
- A flexible, adaptive and collaborative approach, with the ability to think critically on topics that are outside their field of expertise Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in agricultural R&D extension
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science or similar.
For an initial 2 year contract, with location and hours flexible, this opportunity presents an exciting opportunity at the forefront of the chicken meat industry.
For inquiries please phone Mick Hay on 07 3878 3411, or David Compton 02 9006 1214 or alternatively apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au.